Thursday, June 7, 2012

oops

So apparently the testing I did on the new gallery didn't actually survive to the live site. A friend pointed out some issues he saw in FireFox and I hadn't even bothered to test in IE, I knew it was probably broken to start with!

So, I have just spent several hours going through and figuring out the problem and it all came down to a single line of code. The reason why the body {background} would break the whole gallery is beyond me but I ended up having to target FireFox and IE uniquely with a background-color while Chrome can actually display the gallery the way I intended it. Whew.

Anyway, the gallery skin is where the changes reside so in the future, as long as I keep the skin files intact, I can skip all this hoopla and just make updates!

-Jake

PS: Please let me know if anyone see anything broken in any of the main three browsers, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment