Thursday, May 26, 2011

MatchPlay Identity & Site Design

A good friend passed my name along to a guy he knew that was interested in building a website that provided stats tracking for rec. or comp. teams for youth sports. The site was based off a system that his grandfather had developed through years of involvement in youth sports but was totally paper based. My task was to update the brand and design the initial website, front end, design.

Here is the mark in its updated form:




















(I always display my mark designs the way I did in college, with a full sized version in color followed by the same mark in reduction and in black and white.)



Here is the site design. Keep in mind that this is the first iteration of the site and ultimately the company failed to take off and the project was killed so this is as far as it went. I put it here because it shows an early step in my process and hopefully you can see the direction I was taking it. The developer and the owner of the idea were both thrilled with the design and concept.














Like I said the company ran into some logistical and financial issues so this project, unfortunately, didn't come to total fruition.


-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment