Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Domain name Transfer: Complete

During the construction of the new site I was investigating subdomain names for the site and found that my current, at the time, domain hosting service didn't include that for free where GoDaddy.com did. So I made the switch but it took five days for the domain to officially transfer. While I was at it I also purchased the .net and .org extensions as well in an effort to control more fully my brand.

Now that the .com domain is moved over to GoDaddy, I am setting up some subdomains, one for each of my sub pages. In association with that I am going to be updating my links within the site to follow these new changes. So if a link doesn't work right now please be patient while the changes filter down.

Also, I've setup Google Analytics for the site. Since I'm not selling anything on the site nor am I really pushing the site for search engines, I will be using Google Analytics mostly for traffic information and also to start getting familiar with the service for future projects.

-Jake

PS: I ate a bunch of Oreo's last night.... mmmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment